10 Ways Introverts Can Survive Thanksgiving | TIS Ep. 28
Thanksgiving is almost upon us. And even in these Covid times, people will be hosting gatherings and parties, albeit on a smaller scale than usual. Introverts can probably already feel their stress levels rising as they think about all-day-long get-togethers, forced socializing, painful small talk, and people with no boundaries—not to mention no masks. Join Sharon and Lisa as they share their top tips for how introverts can actually have a happy Thanksgiving.
3 Big Takeaways:
- Thanksgiving Survival Strategy #1: “Spend Thanksgiving alone! Avoid the awkwardness. Avoid the aggressiveness. Avoid the aggravation.”
- Thanksgiving Survival Strategy #3: “Be a guest, not a host. Don’t stress yourself out.”
- Thanksgiving Survival Strategy #8: “Avoid people and topics that are triggering.”
Find Us: Acast | Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | Other Platforms | YouTube | Transcript
5 Key Quotes:
- “I’m such an extreme introvert that for me, “entertaining” is having just one more person in my house.”
- “You have the freedom to say no to social events. You do not need to attend every gathering that you’re invited to.”
- “Pace yourself in terms of what conversations you’re going to engage in. You also do not need to attend every argument that you’re invited to.”
- Thanksgiving Survival Strategy #5: “Arrive late on purpose. This automatically cuts down on the amount of time you have to spend socializing.”
- “Take a break. Find a place to hide out if you get overwhelmed.”
By The Numbers:
- 0:42 – “Introverts Unite Separately” segment: The saga of the U.S. election is somehow still dragging on, even though Biden has been declared the winner. The sisters discuss whether or not the orange one will try to retain power despite the election result.
- 7:52 – Holiday travel plans are sure to be affected by Covid testing and quarantine protocols. Sharon and Lisa discuss how things are shaping up in terms of the family getting together for Christmas.
- 15:33 – “In Our World” segment: Thanksgiving and the festive season are looming. The sisters share their top strategies for surviving the holidays as an introvert.
- 10 Ways Introverts Can Survive Thanksgiving, by Lisa Hurley
- Entertaining as an Introvert: Surviving the Critics and Chaos of Thanksgiving
- How an Introvert Does Thanksgiving
- Studio Boir designs New Normal tableware for socially distant dining
- The Introvert Sisters Podcast: 2020 Election: The Battle for The White House| TISOT Ep. 4
- The Introvert Sisters Podcast: 2020 Election Watch: Vote Like Your Life Depends on It | TISOT Ep. 3
- Another possible risk in U.S. election – ‘faithless electors’