Introverts just want to be understood—but somehow that keeps eluding them. That said, the sisters are determined to do their part in normalizing introversion, and making the world a more introvert-friendly place. With that in mind, Sharon and Lisa present to you The 12 Commandments of Introverts (taken from the TIS Version, lol). In this tongue-in-cheek episode, you’ll discover what makes introverts tick, what makes them shut down, and how to successfully relate to the introverts in your circle. Tune in and enjoy!
3 Big Takeaways:
- Phone calls are not our friend: “If you randomly call an introvert, we will look at the phone and let it go to voicemail.”
- Small talk is a no-no: “Small talk does not spark joy.”
- Introverts love being alone: “For introverts, alone time is like oxygen.”
5 Juicy Quotes:
- “Introvert Commandment 1: Thou shalt text, not call.”
- “Introvert Commandment 7: Thou shalt not confuse introversion with shyness.”
- “Stop asking introverts to smile.”
- “Introvert Commandment 12: Thou shalt not try to make us into extroverts. Normalize accepting and celebrating a range of personality types.”
- “Introverts are awesome, and we do not want to be extroverts.”
By The Numbers:
- 1:05 – Introverts Uniting Separately segment: The sisters catch up as usual, with Lisa telling Sharon about her new role as Advisor to the Board at the Rise Together Foundation. Sharon also shares about her new role as Team Lead, Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Omnis Education.
- 8:00 – In Our World segment: Sharon and Lisa share the 12 Commandments of Introverts.
- Sharon’s Anti-Racism Newsletter
- The HappyHappyPhoenix Blog, by Lisa Hurley
- The 12 Commandments of Introverts™ by Lisa Hurley
- 20 Interview Questions I Wish I’d Been Able to Ask, Part 1, by Sharon Hurley Hall
- 20 Interview Questions I Wish I’d Been Able to Ask, Part 2, by Sharon Hurley Hall
- Rise Together Foundation
- Connect with Josh Caldwell on LinkedIn
- Omnis Education
- The Highly Sensitive Person