12 Surprisingly Extroverted Things We’ve Done As Introverts | TIS E. 50
We’re introverts, we’re proud, and we outchea!! Introverts don’t have an official mantra, but if they did, that should be it! Contrary to popular belief, introverts don’t spend their time skulking in corners and avoiding people. They actually get out there and do hard things–excellently!! Join Sharon and Lisa as they share 12 things they’ve done while introverted that just might surprise you.
3 Big Takeaways:
- On the awesomeness of introverts: “Companies, teams and managers: don’t sleep on introverts. We are capable. Don’t discount the quiet ones.”
- On the comfort zone: “You can break out of your introvert boundaries for a while and do hard things.”
- On code switching: “People sometimes think that I am extroverted…I Have friends that have known me for 20 years that didn’t realize that I am introverted. They don’t remember the reserved me that they first met.”
5 Juicy Quotes:
- “I credit my job as a lecturer with teaching me that I could go beyond my limits. Standing in front of 140 people is not a natural fit for an introvert.”
- “Doing all this talking on our podcast is so not an introverted thing to do. It’s difficult for us, but we still do it.”
- “We can do hard things. And we can do them excellently.”
- “Introversion is not about shyness, it’s about how you respond to certain stimuli.”
- “After ‘extroverting’ we need to retreat to our bubble…we need recovery time.”
By The Numbers:
- 1:22 – Sharon and Lisa start sharing the surprising things that they’ve done while introverted.