Let us introduce ourselves. (Yes, we know it’s a bit late, seeing as we’re a whole season in, but that’s the nature of things these days.) We’ve talked a bit about ourselves throughout the season, but with Season 2 coming up in a couple of weeks, it’s time for a proper introduction. So here goes:
BEHIND THE MIC
As you know, our names are Lisa and Sharon, aka The Introvert Sisters. We really ARE sisters. Sharon is Big Sis, and Lisa is Little Sis. We’re a two-woman hosting, production, editorial and IT team, lol. We take a “divide and conquer” approach to make sure we can get it all done. If you’re talking to us on Instagram and Facebook, you’re most likely talking to Lisa. But if you’re responding to an email or blog post, then you’re probably talking to Sharon. YouTube could go either way.
GETTING TO KNOW US
Unsurprisingly, we’re both introverts. On the Myers-Briggs scale, we both type as INFJ. We’re also both writers. Lisa is a marketing copywriter and Sharon is a digital marketing writer.
In our spare time, we both write other stuff. Lisa blogs, journals, and dabbles in songwriting and poetry. Sharon is a published author, and also writes essays, short stories, and poetry.
We’re both Reiki practitioners and feel a connection to something greater than ourselves. We LOVE to travel, although there’s not much of that happening right now, and we’ve also both lived in a variety of countries. Outside the Caribbean, Lisa’s lived longest in the US and Sharon in the UK.
And, of course we’re both unapologetically Black with a capital “B.”
5 FAST FACTS you should know about each of us:
- I’m an avid reader. The day isn’t complete till I read at least a chapter of the latest book. My tastes are eclectic. Right now my Kindle has two books on racism, several mysteries and sci-fi tales, and some chick lit.
- Unsurprisingly, I like word games. My grandfather introduced me to Scrabble at the age of 8 and I’ve been playing Scrabble like games ever since.
- I’m a bit of a nerdigeek. I like trying out new things online, and that’s part of the reason I’ve ended up writing online. I started with review sites, transitioned to writing about blogging, then social media, then digital marketing
- My favorite episode from season one: the off topic; Second favorite – the Netflix episode
- I’ve been a pescatarian for a few decades, and eat vegetarian most of the time.
- I love all the pretty things. Dressing up is fun and I can really throw myself into it. It’s like putting on a persona that hides my innate introvert.
- Words thrill me – and because I’m intuitive, I get as much out of what’s NOT said, as what is said, sometimes more.
- I’m a proud puppy mama – my rescue dog King is one of my favorite snuggle buddies – and he loves the same shows I do on Netflix
- My favorite episode from season one: the off topic; Second favorite – the Erykah and Jill episode
- I’m vegan and loving it. It started out for health reasons, but who doesn’t love fresh veggies?
We’ve really enjoyed starting this podcast and are committed to running it as long as it works for us – and for you. But in season 2 and beyond, we’ll be showing up with ALL of ourselves. That means the show won’t just be about introversion, but about what life as a whole looks like for us as Black women, from the light and frivolous to the deep and serious. See you in early August for season 2 of The Introvert Sisters.