Woohoo!! It’s Our Birthday! Happy 1st Anniversary to Us | TIS Ep. 38
Clap with us and for us as we mark this major milestone.
We’re one year old today, and we couldn’t be more excited! Celebrate with us as we look back at the ups and downs of turning our “pandemic project” into a bona fide show.
Thanks to everyone for supporting us, following along, and listening to us on Apple and all the other podcasting platforms! We couldn’t have done it without you. In this episode we share our top episodes, our successes and struggles, and talk about our goals for year 2!
3 Big Takeaways:
- It’s good to stretch beyond your comfort zone: “You can do ‘extroverted things,’ even as an introvert.”
- It’s ok to hype yourself, and be happy for yourself: “We choose to celebrate our (introverted) selves.”
- Especially now, having something positive to focus on is necessary: “It’s important to have a passion project that has nothing to do with your day to day job…Something that you find inspiring and empowering, that you know is reaching people.”
5 Key Quotes:
- “Although we need a lot of time to recharge after recording (because introversion), it has been, and is very fulfilling.”
- “Being an introvert and doing video is hard, but we are persisting.”
- “The post-production takes most of the time.”
- “It’s great to have the freedom to talk about whatever we want.”
- “Podcasting is a great way to widen your circle. It’s a safe way for introverts to network, because the connections happen naturally.”
By The Numbers:
- 2:06 – “Introverts Uniting Separately”: Sharon and Lisa catch up on what’s being going on in each other’s lives over the last couple of weeks from dealing with online trolls and nursing injuries, to creating anti-racism content and finding new shows to binge watch.
- 14:12 – The sisters toast each other in celebration of their one-year anniversary, and look back at what it’s been like to build a podcast during a pandemic.
- 26:44 – Lisa and Sharon share some stats about how the podcast is doing so far, and their goals for the future.
- Small Axe on Amazon
- Def Comedy Jam on Amazon
- ‘The Father’: Anthony Hopkins Shows the Reality of Living With Dementia