Bridgerton, Downton, and The Crown: Why Period Dramas Are the Escape We All Need | TIS Ep. 33
The estates! The costumes! The sets! The Duke!! From the ballrooms of Bridgerton to the backstabbing Borgias, period dramas are just the ticket if you’re in the mood for some delightfully decadent escapism. In this lighthearted episode, Sharon and Lisa share their favorite period series.
By The Numbers:
- 0:38 – The sisters explain why only some of the recent podcast episodes are recorded with video.
- 3:10 – Sharon and Lisa share why they have always loved period dramas, and which ones are their current favorites.
5 Key Quotes:
- “I’m always Googling to see if it is accurate, so in the process, I learn a lot about history.”
- “Entertainment is education.”
- “I love the stateliness of it all.”
- “The restful thing about Bridgerton is that race was hardly ever mentioned.”
- “It was very interesting to see the art of diplomacy and the art of betrayal.”
- Bridgerton on Netflix
- Lady Danbury Is Adjoa Andoh’s Tribute to No-Nonsense Moms and Aunties Everywhere
- The Bridgerton Novels by Julia Quinn
- The Crown on Netflix
- The Tudors on Hulu
- Reign on Netflix
- Merlin on Netflix
- Downton Abbey on Amazon Prime
- Pride and Prejudice on Amazon Prime
- Borgia on Netflix
- The Borgias on Hulu
- The Museum at FIT
- Regé Jean in For The People