Celebrating Our Wins: Why It’s Important | TISOT 13
Doing the work is important, but so is giving yourself some flowers for what you have accomplished. In this Off-Topic episode, the sisters celebrate each other’s glow up, which has been all too real over the past year and a half. Plus, Sharon and Lisa have joined a new, black-owned social media platform called Linked Inclusion™, and they are loving it. Listen in to learn more about it, and to find out how you can join.
3 Big Takeaways:
- On celebrating one’s wins: “Take a moment to celebrate yourself, to celebrate your work, your resilience, that you are being seen, that you are making a difference. Celebrate the fact that you are being celebrated.”
- On building your own table: “We (marginalized communities) now have our own table. It’s called Linked Inclusion™.”
- On living your best life: “Black women are deserving of care, comfort, and luxury.”
5 Key Quotes:
- “It is important to recognize the progress that we have made…to take a step back every now and then and appreciate the journey.”
- “Linked Inclusion™ is the most welcoming space. It is so positive. It’s not about tearing down people. It’s about supporting them.”
- “Linked Inclusion™ is so unremittingly positive. I’ll tell you what has NOT happened on that platform. I have not been trolled. I have not been shadowbanned. I have not heard all the whataboutery.”
- “The goal is to effect change by influencing people to think about issues in a different way.”
- “Nowhere in the rule book does it say that you have to deplete yourself in order to do this work. Nowhere does it say that activists can’t thrive.”
By The Numbers:
- 0:39 – In Our World segment: Sharon and Lisa dive right in to discussing all the opportunities that have come their way since starting the path of activism.
- 1:15 – Both sisters have joined LinkedInclusion™, a new, inclusive social media platform, created and founded by Padraic McFreen, technologist, inventor, and serial entrepreneur. If you’re interested in joining, here’s the link. Sharon is a Platform Moderator, and Lisa is Editor-At-Large.
- Shortlisted for a “She Has No Limits” award.
- Sharon’s poem “I Didn’t Know” was nominated for a Best of the Net award by Decolonial Paggage.
- Team Lead, Diversity, Equity, and Belonging for Omnis Education.
- Sharon’s Anti-Racism Newsletter
- Sharon’s Instagram
- Quoted in Forbes
- Quoted in Fast Company
- Code Switching Part 1 with Rachelle Carrié
- Code Switching Part 2 with Rachelle Carrié
- Interviewed by Russ Terry for an upcoming episode of Real Talk On Racism
- Lisa’s Instagram
- Lisa’s Blog
- Today in “Build it and they will come”, a new social media platform launched, called Linked Inclusion.,by Lisa Hurley
- Not only has Canvas raised $50 million to help solve the mythical “pipeline problem” in hiring “diverse talent,” but they provided their “I know a Black person” bona fides as well., by Lisa Hurley