Why The Official Letters of 2020 Are WTF | TIS Ep. 30
This is the final episode of 2020, and…whew chile…we made it. The entire year felt touch and go from beginning to end. From the global pandemic and anti-racism protests, to the murder hornets and the never-ending election (and let’s not forget The Great Toilet Paper Shortage), the sisters recap this most memorable of years, and explain why, in Sesame Street style, “Episode 2020” was brought to us by the letters W, T, and F.
5 Big Takeaways:
- 2020 has been a year of biblical proportions: “There was the pandemic, the earth was literally burning, there were murder hornets, and also actual swarms of locusts…We had a decade’s worth of events in this one year.” #YouCantMakeThisStuffUp
- 2020 has been a year of loss: “2020 has been characterized by a sense of loss…Because of the pandemic, everybody around the globe is in one of the stages of grief.”
- 2020 has been a year of political weirdness: “The orange man-baby refuses to concede…the only political event that’s taken longer than the U.S. election is Brexit.”
- 2020 has been a year of racial unrest: “The reason why the BLM movement regained momentum is because Black people are still being murdered with impunity by police in the United States.”
- 2020 will forever be the year of the mask: “Wear your mask, sanitize your hands, and stop gathering in large numbers.”