The “Quarantine 15” is Real. Here’s How to Lose your Pandemic Pounds. | TIS Ep. 25
After more than 10 months at home, so much has changed—including the sisters’ weight! Like so many others, they have accumulated the “quarantine 15,” (ok…maybe more than 15) and now it’s time to shed the extra pounds. Tune in as Sharon and Lisa discuss effective home workouts that can help you get your weight back on track.
Plus: Another aspect of life that 2020 has changed is hair care. Neither of the sisters is ready to go back to “normal” activities like getting their hair done. Even if their stylist is wearing a mask, they prefer not to be in such close proximity to anyone unless absolutely necessary. So: they both did their hair themselves for the first time ever. Listen in as they share what it was like being their own hair stylist.
3 Big Takeaways:
- Give yourself options: “There is so much exercise advice out there for every level of fitness. You can find anything you want.”
- Give yourself grace: “You need to recognize that there are days when you’re not going to be able to do as much as you would like. And that’s ok.”
- Give yourself encouragement: “Celebrate every win, and recognize that you are doing something good for yourself.”
Find Us: Listen on Substack or add our podcast feed to your favorite player.| Transcript
5 Key Quotes:
- “Balance in all things: If you know you’re going to be snacking, do some exercise at home as well.”
- “Weight loss is not a sprint, it’s a marathon. Give yourself some time.”
- “Give yourself some grace. Your snapback game might, in fact, have snapped.”
- “The important thing is to keep going and not give up.”
- “Even if the pounds don’t come off as quickly as they did when you were in your 20s, the lifestyle change will pay off over time.”
By The Numbers:
- 1:00 – “Introverts Unite Separately” segment: 2020 has changed the world of hair care. Basically, a lot of people, including the sisters, are now doing their hair themselves. The sisters discuss what it’s like being their own hairdresser.
- 5:27 – Sharon shares how her anti-racism work is going, providing updates on her anti-racism newsletter, children’s course, and bootcamp.
- 13:13 – “In Our World” segment: The sisters have succumbed to the “Quarantine 15.” They share their tips for how they plan to shed the extra pounds without going into the gym.
- Brukwine Addiction
- 23 best home workouts to try if you’re not ready to return to the gym
- Socanomics 30 minute Dance Cardio Workout with POPSUGAR
- 9 Totally Free At-Home Workouts for When Coronavirus is Keeping You Inside
- Best online streaming at-home workouts: Discounts, online classes, and what to know amid coronavirus
- Gym still closed? These are the best home workout options.
- 2,100 Asanas: The Complete Yoga Poses
- Weighted Jump Rope
- Walk at Home, by Leslie Sansone
- No, No, NO. You STILL Can’t Touch Our Hair!
- Short Hair Don’t Care: Is the Big Chop Right for You?
- I Did My Own Box Braids for the First Time During the Pandemic
- Hair So Problematic (Working While Black)