Just in time for Earth day The Introvert Sisters sit down with Stacey Alvarez de la Campa, founder of Worldwide Sustainability Warriors. We talk all things sustainability, hope, and how climate change is specifically affecting our beloved Caribbean. We learned so much in the episode and hope you do too!
The Introvert Sisters Podcast is sponsored by All Things Equitable Inc.: We make it Easy to be Equitable
The beauty is in the details. For full show notes and transcript click below.
Previous Episode: Introverts and Personality Tests: Why We Love Them
3 Big Takeaways:
- On supporting small businesses “you support the network of people around you, because we’re all in this together.” –Stacey Alvarez de la Campa
- On the big questions humanity faces: “How can we live in a way that’s sustainable? What legacy are we leaving for future generations? It’s not just about us. How are we sustaining not just for existence, but our way to thrive, with nature and as people, as a collective human race?” –Stacey Alvarez de la Campa
- On community: “Because we are small, but we have the power to be mighty, we have the power to be mighty and, we have to be mighty… nobody’s coming to save us.” -Sharon Hurley Hall
3 Juicy Quotes:
- “The sea levels are rising and you know, 166 square miles could become 100 square miles very quickly. ” –Sharon Hurley Hall
- “No act or thought or positive intention is too small, or is too meaningless, because that will plant the seed to wider action and awareness. So don’t think you’re powerless, you have more to contribute and to give than you think.” -Stacey Alvarez de la Campa
- “Hope to me will breed action. There’s always something you can do.” –Stacey Alvarez de la Campa.
By The Numbers:
- 0:38 – Sharon introduces Stacey
- 3:09 – Stacey tells us about Worldwide Sustainability Warriors
- 6:54 – How can you live more sustainably?
- 9:45 – Climate change in the Caribbean
- 14:31 – The impact of Covid on climate change
- 17:19- The importance of hope.