21 Things Introverts Wish People Understood | TIS Ep. 23
So many introverts feel misunderstood; Sharon and Lisa are no different. Join them as they hilariously list 21 things that make introverts tick. Or not tick. Plus: Introversion is just a small part of what the sisters are about. Tune in as they discuss Sharon’s anti-racism work, and how walking in her purpose helps her find the energy to do #allthethings.
On a lighter note, Lisa shares what she’s been binge-watching on Netflix. Join the Introvert Sisters for a fun-filled, lighthearted episode!
Watch this episode on YouTube
3 Big Takeaways:
- If nothing else, remember: “Text, don’t call.”
- Cancelled plans make us happy: “Cancelled plans is a love language.”
- Say ‘No’ to small talk: “Small talk is hard. It feels forced. It feels unnatural. It feels awkward.”
Find Us: Listen on Substack or add our podcast feed to your favorite player. | Transcript
5 Key Quotes:
- “I’m happy being an introvert.”
- “Being introverted means that an excess of social interaction can drain me.”
- “Living (as an introvert) in an extroverted world can be stressful.”
- “Just because we’re quiet doesn’t mean we’re not paying attention. In fact, we’re probably paying even more attention if we’re quiet.”
- You have never seen joy like the joy of an introvert who suddenly finds out that plans are cancelled and they don’t have to go anywhere.”
By The Numbers:
- 0:40 – “Introverts Unite Separately” segment: From anti-racism work to Netflix guilty pleasures, the sisters share what they’ve both been up to..
- 15:04 – “In Our World” segment: Sharon and Lisa talk animatedly about the 21 things they – and most introverts – wish that non-introverted people knew.