Cameras On? Cameras Off? Zoom Etiquette Questions. | TIS E. 47
In this Zoom-filled universe that we’re all now inhabiting, are you team #CamerasOn or team #CamerasOff? Both Sharon and Lisa have always been firmly on the #CamerasOff side…until now. Listen in to find out what has made these two confirmed introverts consider leaving their cameras on more frequently.
3 Big Takeaways:
- On considering others: “We’re still introverts, but for the sake of others we are willing to step out of our comfort zone sometimes and keep those cameras on.”
- On connection: “In a teaching and presenting situation, it is hard for the presenter to connect with the audience if all that they can see is black squares.”
- On choice: “I don’t ever want to be in a position where I feel like I have to have my camera on whether I want to or not. I like to feel that I have the choice.”
5 Juicy Quotes:
- “I will not ever judge anyone for wanting their camera off.”
- “I would not want to do a presentation where everyone had their camera off. I need to see a couple of faces just to have someone to connect with.”
- “Cameras-on is sometimes what is called for.”
- “The next time you attend a presentation, consider having your camera on, for the sake of the presenter.”
- “Most people have Zoom call fatigue.
By The Numbers:
- 0:52 – Introverts Uniting Separately segment: The sisters catch up on their latest activities, from Reiki classes, to presentations, to travel.
- 7:41 – In Our World segment: Sharon and Lisa chat about Zoom call etiquette